Vacancy Education Representative (Trustees)
Active Fusion are looking for individuals to join their Trustee Board and support the charity by playing a fundamental role in the strategic development of the organisation. Active Fusion is an award-winning charity whose mission is to help every child develop a love for being active by unlocking potential and creating positive habits for life. We are a close team who are passionate, dedicated, and motivated; our positive culture is the foundation to our success.
We are looking for trustees with experience and knowledge of the Education sector and/or Equity and Diversity.
- Provide thought leadership on the role of Education and help build and implement this vision
- Translate the risks and opportunities within Education for other trustees, to enable the board as a whole to engage in an informed way
- Provide strategic oversight of developing Educational opportunities linked to the strategic plan for the charity
- Contribute to the work of the Education subcommittee
- Draw on your networks to support our work
- Work with the board and Director to embed good governance and to be compliant with the charities commission
Qualities of a trustee
- Successful track record and demonstratable experience in Education/Equity/Diversity
- Experience of working at a senior management/leadership level
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to take collective responsibility for the governance of our charity
- Ability to work at a strategic and visionary level whilst understanding the detail and complexities of delivery, and the influencing skills needed to bring staff and stakeholders along with plans
- Strong communicator
- Ability to analyse risks and opportunities, and take a balanced approach to both
- Extensive networks, and a willingness to draw on contacts as appropriate
- Long term commitment to Active Fusion
Please provide a covering letter that outlines how you believe your skills and experience can support Active Fusion.
Please enclose your CV with a covering letter and send your application to Lindsy James (Director) firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 22nd March 2021.
To read more about the position, please click here.